jump to navigation

About Our Firm

C. Sean Stephens, PC is a full-service family law firm located in the heart of Portland, Oregon. Our firm exclusively practices family law, from adoptions, dissolution of marriage, annulment, and separation actions to child custody and support matters or the modification of existing orders and judgments. We also handle the dissolution of domestic partnerships. We help our clients reach the most advantageous parenting time arrangements, and assist grandparents in acquring custody or visititation time with their grandchildren.

We represent local, out-of-state, and international clients in their Oregon family law matters.


1. Speaking for Dad - September 19, 2007

Excellent information.
I will be calling for a consultation. Being a Father who pays child support,Insurance and loves his kids there is so much help and support for the Mother and not much for Dads.

2. Jason Christensen - December 7, 2007

I feel the same way. However, I am on the other side of things. I have custodial right, my son lives with me and his mother is in Utah. When we got the divorce their was no talk about her moving out of state, in fact six months later she picked up her things and was moved to Utah christmas day. So in the divorce we agreed to mutally support the child and that the visitaion would be every other weekend and have joint custody. Well now I have been working with DCS to get at least a modification to the child support. It is very hard it has taken 6 months for DSC to actuall TRY and server my ex. I was just told recently that it may be another 60 to 120 days before she starts paying support. Coming from a divorced family myself and hearing what others say it seems if the mother had custodial custody the process would be much faster. I have been trying to get help on modifing the parenting time and the custody to full time, and it seems that no-one has an answer but why would you want to do that? I feel that if it was the other way around I would have lost joint custody and the parenting time would have been changed with in 1 month and not 6 months to a year. What advice can I get to get full custody and change the parenting time?

3. juanita lawson - May 10, 2008

my husband was previously married now find out was not dissolved & told me it was. Now what do i do?

4. Jason Christensen - May 21, 2008

An update and a big concern. Its been almost a year and my ex finally got served papers from the state of oregon for child support. With this being said I am afraid that she is going to keep him in Utah. Being the custodial parent in Oregon, do I have any worries about her not returning him home? If we have a converstaion the form of emails were she stated she will return him home in June 2008 and we both signed, is this grounds for me not to worry?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: